How We Use Your Personal Information
Your information will be held by www.soothingyoursoul.com
This Privacy Notice is to let you know how we look after your personal information. This includes what you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a visitor to our website, and the choices you make about what information you want us to send you.
This Notice also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your personal information safe and private.
- Not to sell your personal information.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Who We Are
www.soothingyoursoul.com is a website run by Waterleaf Publishing Ltd, which is a UK based company that provides information about stress management and relief.
How the Law Protects You
As well as our Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law.
Data Protection law states we are only allowed to use personal information if we have proper reasons for doing so, which are as follows:
- When you consent to it
- When it is in our legitimate interests
Ways Your Personal Information May Be Used
The following list summarises the ways we may use your personal information, and the reasons we rely on in doing so.
- To respond (where appropriate) to comments or queries raised by visitors to the Soothing Your Soul website. We believe it is good business practice and in our legitimate interests handle queries in this way.
- To despatch information about stress management and relief by email, where visitors have opted-in, and also to notify them of products and services they might be interested in buying. This requires your specific consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
Types of Personal Information
In line with the Principle of Data Minimisation, we only collect and process data that is essential in order:
- To engage with website visitors and subscribers who have opted-in
- To evaluate the performance and effectiveness of our website
- To communicate with suppliers and affiliates
The following types of personal information are collected and processed:
- Contact details, including your name and email address, which you provide when you complete a Contact Form on our website, or when opting in to receive emails from www.soothingyoursoul.com.
- Communication content you may supply on the website Contact Form, in web post comment boxes or by email.
- Your general location, which is derived from your mobile phone or the place where you connect a computer to the internet.
- How you interact with our website and any emails we send you if you have opted in.
- Any permissions, consents or preferences you give us.
Cookies are small amounts of data that get sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone by websites when you visit them. They stay on your device and get sent back to the website they came from, when you go there again. Cookies store information about your visits and activity on that website.
How to Withdraw Consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by submitting a request using our Contact Form or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any emails we may send you.
Where Your Personal Information is Stored
Our website is hosted and managed by SiteGround. Any information you may supply on the website Contact Form or in web post comment boxes is stored on SiteGround servers based in the UK.
If you opt-in to receive emails from us, your details are held and managed by AWeber on servers based in the USA. AWeber are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Both SiteGround and AWeber are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We respect the need for transparency and recognise that you have the right to be informed about how your personal data will be used, which is the purpose of this Privacy Notice.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- You can ask us to confirm exactly what information we hold about you and how it is being processed.
- You can ask us to amend your personal data, if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You can also ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate
- It has been used unlawfully, and you don’t want us to delete it
- It is not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims
- You have asked us to stop using your data on the basis of your particular situation, and you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it
- You can ask us to provide certain personal information about yourself in an electronic format that can be easily re-used, so you can keep it yourself, or give it to other organisations. You can also ask us to pass this information to other organisations on your behalf.
- You can object to us using your data. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
- If you have opted in to receive emails from us, we may use automated systems to make decisions about whether to continue sending you our latest blogs and/or details about our products and services. You can opt-out of receiving these emails at any time.
You can exercise any of these rights by submitting a request using our Contact Form
We only email you marketing information about our products and services if you have opted-in and specifically given your consent. You can also change your mind and opt-out at any time.
www.soothingyoursoul.com has a social sharing feature that allows visitors to share content with family, friends and colleagues. This feature is integrated into our website by using a widget provided by AddThis.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We never sell your personal information to anyone.
We never share your personal information with anyone, except:
- Where you ask us to do so
- Where required under law
- Where our legal, financial, IT and website development providers require access in order to carry out essential services
How to Make a Complaint
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information by submitting details of your concerns using our Contact Form.
If you are not happy with the way we handle your complaint, or the outcome, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Find out how to report a concern by clicking here.
Soothing Your Soul website
Waterleaf Publishing Ltd
Editor: Kay Johnson
Sherborne, DT9 5LU, United Kingdom